Andy

Andy

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Latest 8-30-11, Dunkirk NY

Andy's latest Facebook update from this afternoon:


Sailing, under spinnaker, toward Dinkirk, N . Y . Life is good. :)


Tonight's update:

Short day today. Got into Dunkirk, NY about 3:45 and tied up to the Municipal Pier, FOR FREE! What a deal and its a great location too, just a short walk to services, like COLD STONE, which I just got back from. :) Dave had Tim Horton coffee.
Off for Buffalo at 8:00 to pick up my friend Tim, who will be crewing for about 2.5 weeks, through all the canals, and the Hudson, to NYC. Thank you Tim!
 ·  · 12 minutes ago · Privacy:



Click on the slideshow to enlarge:



From Deb:
Went back to work for the school year today.  Can't even count how many people asked about Andy, where he was, how he was doing, and if the hurricane was affecting the trip.


It's hard to sleep for the entire night.  I get tired, go to bed, read awhile, go to sleep for 2 or 3 hours, then I'm wide awake.  This doesn't help when I have to get up early in the morning to go to work!


I'm looking forward to the weekend, to get together with family and friends.  But it will be so strange not to have Andy here with me, and that we will not be taking our friends out on Island Time.  


Big adjustment period.  Don't sweat the small stuff, right Andy??  :)

No comments: