Andy

Andy

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Solomons Island, and Deb's Visiting!

Andy and Dave left from Annapolis on Friday, and arrived in Solomons MD that night.  Not too much excitement, besides almost getting run over by a freighter who was trying to be funny.  The freighter was coming at them from behind, and they knew the freighter could see them, but they ended up missing them by about 100 feet when they passed by.  Instant complaint to Coast Guard was made.

Deb arrived at Solomons at about 2:00 AM on Saturday. The flight from Detroit was delayed about 2 hours, then I got lost in D.C. (came up over a rise and the capital was right in front of me!!  uh oh!)  But once I got out of D.C. it was smooth riding all the way to Solomons in my trusty little rental car.  It was great being on the boat, and it was raining, and I love being on the boat when it's raining.  The weather is a lot warmer here than I had anticipated, but I'm doing okay without any short pants.  We've been tasting the local cuisine, and we watched some of the trials for the boat races which are happening tomorrow.  I'm staying until Monday night.

Click on the picture to make the slide show bigger.

No comments: